Was north and east of the fortress Frangokasteilo. There was a temple of Goddess Nikita, the ruins of which was built later in the 6th century Basilica of St. Nikita the 13th century the small Byzantine church that exists there today. In the yard of the church is impressive mosaic, which for reasons of protection, has been covered by gravel. Archaeological research of the last thirty years, unearthed pottery finds from the Middle Minoan (1800 1600p.ch.) And isterominoiki (1600-1450p.ch.) Period, certifying permanent residence and presence in the small valley. Denser are the findings from the Minoan period onwards, which show an overall edge. Residues identified two Roman settlements, while northwest of the castle have been found one yet. At this point and focusing on the basilica Astratigos (Archangel Michael), whose ruins lie north of the fort, it seems that there was still organized settlement in the 6th-7th AD century, as evidenced by remnants Masonry and stone piles.
The royal and the settlement was destroyed by an earthquake. Then the area was abandoned, probably due to the Arab raids. Residential activity we again from the 13th century during the early Venetian period, where there is construction of churches in positions of basilicas that existed before, while north of the valley appear the three villages, Skaloti, Kapsodasos and Patsianos. In the current location, the church of St. Nikita made the antiquity PAGRITIA games in honor of the goddess Nikita who were popular and considered the forefathers of the Olympic Games. The struggles continued throughout the historical period and until today. On 15 September each year they celebrate St Nikitas take shape again. The games are in the new stadium of Sfakia, located opposite the church with sports speed, length, shot put, discus, shooting and riding.
The location of the allegedly was close to the beach of Agia Marina, south of the village Argoules.